TeacherEase is an Internet-based system used to improve communication between parents/ guardians, students and teachers. It allows parents/ guardians & students to login and view student assignments, scores, assignment completion, etc. It also allows teachers to email parents when there are notable events in class, such as an upcoming assessment or long-term project.
Some of the exciting features of TeacherEase include:
- Secure Parent Login: Parents are only able to gain access to their child’s grades on TeacherEase via an account setup by the teacher.
- Assignments: Parents can check a student's current assignments to monitor completion or to see what make-up work is required following an absence. The website is also a resource for checking assignment requirements and due dates.
- Grades: Parents can check their child's current scores. They can praise a student doing well. They can motivate a student not working to his/her potential. They can get help for a struggling student.
- Email: Parents can email teachers.
- Real-Time Data: When teachers enter data into TeacherEase, it's automatically available to parents. Teachers will update grades regularly.
- Students Self-Monitor: Students may also login to TeacheEase.
TIPS FOR USING Teacher Ease
Log on regularly: Set aside a time to review grades with your child on a bi-weekly basis.
Practice patience: Each teacher may have a different routine/day for entering and updating information.
Foster independence and personal responsibility: Discuss what you see with your child and encourage him/her to talk to the teachers if they have any concerns. In general, students should approach their teacher with questions before parents do.